Re: Jefferson Elementary

11/04/07 - posted by norm

If my memory serves me right, there was a thread about this topic a number of years ago. However, I can not get it to pop using the search feature.

At that time I was at SFSU in the late 60's and early 70's I took a class in safety and accident prevention. An interesting class it was....

During the unit on fire safety, our guest speakers was one of the chief arson inspectors for the SFFD. He talked about the Jefferson School Fire among other cases that he investigated. It was a most interesting class session as most of us had no idea of the role played by arson inveestigators.

After class session was over, he hung around to chat with several of the students--including myself. At that point he talked a bit about the Sutro Baths fire. He stated that the fire service believed that the Sutro fire was arson, but they could never make it stick to the primary person of interest--the night watchman.

Given where this thread is going, I'll let you put 2 and 2 together as to the identity of that individual. I do not believe that charges were ever put forth....but if you are into conspiracy theories..........

The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.