This weekend marks the 60th anniversary of the completion and dedication of the present St. Cecilia Church at 17th Avenue & Vicente Street. The school celebrated its 85th anniversary last fall (opened in September 1930, amid rolling sand dunes), and the parish itself will celebrate the Centennial of its founding in January 2017. Part of the celebration will include a public photo exhibit of historical parish and neighborhood images, commencing 3 months from now at the start of the new school year. Volunteer Mary Ellen (MER) Ring (SC grad, Class of 1977) has acquired thousands of images from parish archives and from hundreds of individual donors. Stay tuned for more details.
Here is an SFPL image of church construction in progress, November 1954: