Re: Traffic Central

10/04/16 - posted by Tim Dineen

It's amazing how much we are willing to go out of our way to avoid traffic, eh?!? Growing up on 46th, Avenue, I'd take it to Lincoln because it was set up for Muni, back in the day. Now, it's stop signs at every other block but still less traveled than the Lower Great. 41st was the next go-to heading north. And E-W stop signs at Noriega and Judah were always a plus. I'm usually not in a hurry when I'm in the city - but it seems everyone else is. And not being in a hurry doesn't mitigate the stress of bumper-to-bumper traffic - or just the wasted time spent in getting someplace. Being the passenger is one thing - you can sight-see - but as a driver, you need to be ever-vigilant for the pedestrian who thinks they should be afforded the right of way at all times - regardless of where they are on a block - and the %$&#@ lane-sharing motorcyclists. That may be one of the worst laws on the planet! But traffic or no, the trip itself was wonderful. Here's a recap from my blog: http://tjrecipes.com/2016/10/california-dreamin/

[ Post a Reply ]
[ First Message ] [ Next Message ] [ Previous Message ] [ Last Message ]
[ Back to message list ]
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.