Re: Where would you move to now that your home is worth 1 million or more

10/27/16 - posted by Paul Rosenberg

When one is in paradise, why would one move? I am an active retiree. I use Muni to go to wherever I wish. I am a member of a number of organizations and have access to many things. One of my organizations meets in the South San Francisco Elk's Club which I reach using Muni, BART, and the South San Francisco free shuttle. I go to the Doelger Center in Daly City using the 18 46th Avenue and 57 Parkmerced lines. I go to the San Francisco Civil War Round Table meeting on the 18 line. The San Francisco Corral of the Westerners is reachable on the 1 California line, the Western Neighborhood Project is on the 38 Geary line. The main library is reachable with one transfer and the Mechanics Institute is on the 38 Geary line. The Streetcar museum is on the 31 Balboa line. The San Francisco History Association is a simple transfer from the 38 Geary to the 24 Divisadero. The National Maritime Museum is a simple transfer from the 38 to the 47 Van Ness line. I regularly have lunch [sometimes breakfast] with high school friends and we have an annual dinner on every January 29 to commemorate our graduation. Now, where else could I participate in these organizations but San Francisco? For me and my interests, there is nowhere else I could live. I must have passed into old geezerhood.

[ Post a Reply ]
[ First Message ] [ Next Message ] [ Previous Message ] [ Last Message ]
[ Back to message list ]
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.