Once Again: 11 11 11

11/10/16 - posted by Candis Smyk Hurlbut - impressclx<at>comcast.net

Still Picking Up Frank Grant's Task:

The War To End All Wars...Which Didn't...

Do not forget the lost, idealistic lives which were sacrificed, both during WWI, and the other wars which followed, and which continue today. War takes, most of all, our children. We have our graveyards. So do those in the Southern parts of the American continent, Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East(used to be called Near East); so far none in Antarctica. (And, the way things are progressing, none now on The Moon or Mars, but perhaps not so far in our future.) We kill our children...there is no way to know what may have been achieved if they had lived.

So many "good" reasons are used to justify war: Religion, economic, weaker cultures.

My senior moments have progressed to hours, and perhaps days, so I don't remember the person, or the exact quote, but this is the general idea (referencing Hitler and his group): They came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew, so I did not speak up for the Jews. They came for the Catholics, but I was not a Catholic, so I did not speak up for the Catholics. They came for the Communists; I did not speak up for the Communists. They came for the trade unionists, but I did not belong to a union, do I did not speak up for them. Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me.

What is the point?(From this "freeloader" altho, when I was able to afford it, I *did* contribute as long as I could)?

If we are ever to end war?

I wish I knew...

Where ever you are, Frank Grant, thanks once again, and you, too, Charles, and every Veteran who has posted here. You did not hesitate to service your country, altho appreciation often came late if at all.

Thank you is not enough, ever.

Veterans Day 2016

98 years after The War To End All Wars

The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.