Re: 'Tis the Season

12/22/17 - posted by jb

Thanks Frank and Happy Birthday. I hope you grew up getting not having to share and get combo presents like many I know.

And thanks PJ. Guess I need to explore the “new” City more so I can better reflect on the place in our hearts and memories. It sure seems overwhelming at times, especially when I look up.

So to you, Frank, loved-ones and neighbors too numerous to note (hopefully you know who you are) I wish you the Merriest of Christmas’ and a happy, healthy and hopeful New Year. Funny and a little sad at how happy and relieved folks look when wished “Merry Christmas.” Thankfully, old habits die slowly and perhaps not at all. Love, peace, charity and compassion have no specific faith...these are human qualities.

My New Year’s resolution is to give SF another chance and try to view her with fresher eyes. So is exercising so good luck.I do hope we have another WNP picnic this Spring and Shortcake and I can attend. That’s pretty much what’s on my Christmas list...or all that I can share in public.

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
jb

PS: to all of you who have lost a loved one, or perhaps your beloved home this year, I offer my most heartfelt condolences. May you find the strength and courage to put one foot in front of the other and allow others to share the heaviness you now carry. Life is hard and what God really gives us is one another to lean on.

The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.