Re: The Parkside Movie Theatre

11/07/10 - posted by jb

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you'll start missing everybody."
~Holden Caufield from A Catcher in the Rye

Using Paul Judge's road map back to the first page of messages posted on the BB here, I decided to resurrect this post solely as an experiment, like the 1957 horror flick The Unearthly, to note that while the topics stay constant, the posters seem to change: Some evolve, some revolve and alas, some dissolve, not to be heard from again, much like a show at the Parkside, where the seats are filled and emptied like the ebb and flow of the ocean down at the end of Taraval.

And like Holden Caufield wondering about where the ducks go in Central Park when the ponds freeze over, I find myself wondering where folks go when they move out of the neighborhood here. And why they move? Is there a website for Hillsborough? I know when some neighbors in Westlake moved there, they were never heard from again.

Perhaps there are two types of folks: those who will watch a movie several times and those who only watch them once. Like Paul, I like to go back and reread the messages here as each revisit gives me a new perspective and further appreciation of all that folks bring to the collective table, like a Thanksgiving dinner.

So to those here and there, let me just say "thanks." With the holiday just around the corner, this seems timely. And having started with a quote, I'll end with one for dessert:

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

So here's looking at you, Kids.

Cheers,
jb

The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.