Dewey Boulevard

From the A.S. Baldwin survey of Adolph Sutro's estate in 1910: "San Miguel Ranch
"No. 57. Standing in Dewey Boulevard, near the Alms House Road, looking southwest."

Dewey Boulevard - 1910

Today, the homes of Forest Hill and Forest Hill Extension stand on each side of this road, which terminates into Dewey Circle and West Portal Elementary School.

Dewey Blvd. Jan 2003

Images: 1) A.S. Baldwin, Estate of Adolph Sutro, Deceased, March-April-May 1910. (Courtesy of the San Francisco History Center, San Francisco Public Library.) 2) Dewey Boulevard, January 2003. (WNP photo)


Contribute your own stories about western neighborhoods places!

Page launched 4 October 2002. Updated 24 March 2003.

 
Related Content
  • 6 Haight and Masonic Streetcar Line

    From 1906 to 1948, streetcars ran from the Ferry Building to Sunset Heights. ( Jan 1, 2005)
  • Farms, Fire and Forest

    Sutro's ownership of the old Rancho San Miguel ( Jan 1, 2005)
  • Mark Daniels

    Landscape architect of the Forest Hill residence park. ( Jan 1, 2006)
  • Streetwise: Forest Hill

    Architect David Coleman designed the first completed home in Forest Hill at 266 Pacheco Street. ( Jan 1, 2006)
  • 100 Stonecrest Drive

    Henry Stoneson built this house in Lakeside for his own use. ( Jan 1, 2006)
  • Duncan McDuffie

    A first-person account of the building of St. Francis Wood from one of the partners of the real estate firm of Mason-McDuffie. ( Jan 1, 2006)
  • St. Francis Wood Pamphlet

    Mason-McDuffie and Baldwin & Howell issued a small booklet promoting the St. Francis Wood development in November 1912. ( Jan 1, 2006)
  • A Short History of West of Twin Peaks

    Residence parks and other neighborhoods in San Francisco's West of Twin Peaks area. ( Jan 1, 2006)
  • Madie Brown

    An ardent nature lover, she was the one who organized a citywide preservation effort to make Mt. Davidson a public park. ( Jan 1, 2006)
  • Homewood Terrace Orphanage

    Jewish orphanage that faced Ocean Avenue from 1921 to 1960s ( Sep 2, 2007)

Save SF History