- San Francisco History Center
The SF library's invaluable repository!
- San Francisco History Index
The Z folks have lots of online information, plus a great Q&A forum to ask about what isn't there.
- San Francisco Historical Society
Turning the Old Mint into the SF History Museum
- San Francisco History Association
Monthly meetings on different SF history topics.
- The Museum of the City of San Francisco
More SF factoids than you can shake a cable car at, and speaking of...
- Market Street Railway
Dedicated to the preservation of historic transit in San Francisco!
- The Cable Car Site
Joe Thompson's quarterly effort to document and celebrate SF transportation history
- Ron Filion's site
Plenty of transcribed primary source material on the old town.
- America Hurrah
Bill Roddy's Memories and Memorabilia.
- City Guides Walking Tours
Free walking tours of San Francisco including the former Sutro Baths area and the Inner Sunset.
- San Francisco Neighborhood Theater Foundation
Saving SF movie theaters!
- Friends of the Music Concourse
Working to landmark the center of Golden Gate Park
- San Francisco Heritage
Preserving our city's architecture!
- Bernal Heights Preservation
They do what we do over there! Hurray!
- 1906 Earthquake Centennial Alliance
Planning the big events to commemorate the last "Big One"
- Crooks Tour of San Francisco Blog
Tales of Dishonest Activity in SF History
- Charles Cushman Collection - University of Indiana
Over 1700 color photos of San Francisco between 1938 and 1964
- Roy D. Graves Collection - Bancroft Library
1200 digitized photos - San Francisco prior to 1906
- Jesse Brown Cook Scrapbooks - Bancroft Library
4000 early twentieth century views of San Francisco
- San Francisco Public Library - Historical Photographs
38,000 digitized images
- R.J. Waters Album - Bancroft Library
123 views ca. 1865-1906
- Cliff House Project
Gary Stark's amazing labor of love---too big for one visit!
- Balboa Theater
Gary Meyer is keeping the old girl vital and interesting
Peggy Vincent's tribute site to the beloved amusement park
- George Washington High School
GWHS History and Traditions
- Friends of the Giant Camera
The Camera Obscura beside the Cliff House is now an historical landmark.
- Lowell High School
Read about the oldest public high school west of the Mississippi.
- Saint Ignatius College Prep
A site with a great section on the school's history
- Westwood Park Association
Great history and photos of the bungalow development
- Westwood Highlands Association
Great photos of the area, with detailed close-ups!
- Ingleside Terraces Home Archive
Terrific "Then and Now" photos of Ingleside Terraces homes
- Friends of Lake Merced
Help restore the historic waters!
If you would like to link to us, drop us a line.