• 11/17/08 Help Improve Lower Taraval Business Area!!!! - posted by Ashley

11/17/08 - posted by Ashley
Come this Sunday, November 23rd, to participate in a community design project to brainstorm ideas on how we can improve the lower Taraval commercial area (between 46th and 47th Avenues).

My name is Ashley, and I am a 20 year resident of the Sunset district and an environmental planning student. I will be hosting a community meeting this Sunday. If you come, you will be able to input ideas into ways we can improve this particular area of the neighborhood to make the area more livable/walkable. The improvements will build on the unique history of the neighborhood as well as other local neighborhood improvements. I will use what the community provides at this meeting to create a design, and there will be one more follow-up meeting to decide on a final design. Finally, I will hopefully hand this design off to someone who can make it happen (within the city). Don't you want to be part of this?!

If you'd like to come, here is the information. Pleas send an e-mail if you have questions, and to RSVP (since I must set-up, I want to know how many chairs).

Date: Sunday November 23, 2008
Time: 10:30am-12:30pm
Place: Congregation B'nai Emunah 3595 Taraval ST. (Cross street 46th ave)
E-mail : Ashley Summers -- asummers8@berkeley.edu

There will be refreshments! Bring a friend!

[ Back to message list ]
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.