Become a Member
Become a Member
We depend on individual donations to survive. Please Donate any amount to help keep this non-profit effort going.
One man's gift to the City
SF West History Minute - May 27, 2009
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
Mystery Monoliths of the Richmond
What are those things at 45th Avenue and Geary?
(SF West History Minute Jun 8, 2009)
Sunset Tank Houses and Wells
Lurking in backyards and underground are some Outer Sunset District water sources.
(SF West History Minute Dec 20, 2010)
House of Stone
In 1927, this house was the most popular destination in Forest Hill.
(SF West History Minute Feb 10, 2010)
Sutro Heights "Bunkers"
John Martini demystifies the concrete structures in Sutro Heights
(SF West History Minute Oct 1, 2009)
Life Saving Station
Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District.
(SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
For over 90 years, People have gathered at the Southeast corner of Golden Gate Park
(SF West History Minute Apr 15, 2017)
©2000 - 2021 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.