We depend on individual donations to survive. Please Donate any amount to help keep this non-profit effort going.

New Shack Identified

Recent renovations yield a historic dicovery in the Castro... another 1906 Earthquake refugee cottage.
SF West History Minute - Jul 31, 2009

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • Patron Saint Against Earthquakes

    The story of the Ingleside's St Emydius (SF West History Minute May 20, 2009)
  • Sutro Heights "Bunkers"

    John Martini demystifies the concrete structures in Sutro Heights (SF West History Minute Oct 1, 2009)
  • Sunset Tank Houses and Wells

    Lurking in backyards and underground are some Outer Sunset District water sources. (SF West History Minute Dec 20, 2010)
  • Opening the Golden Gate

    The Golden Gate Bridge opened in May 1937 (SF West History Minute May 9, 2012)
  • House of Stone

    In 1927, this house was the most popular destination in Forest Hill. (SF West History Minute Feb 10, 2010)
  • Sutro's Conservatory

    Buried treasures under the lawn at Sutro Heights Park show the location of a long lost building (SF West History Minute Jan 31, 2013)