Twin Peaks Tunnel

The Twin Peaks Tunnel connected downtown with the west side in 1918
SF West History Minute - Aug 18, 2009

Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.


More History Minutes
  • 70 Years of Sunset Butchery

    The Bowcock family opened their first butcher shop on 20th Avenue in 1908. (SF West History Minute Sep 15, 2010)
  • Mystery Dividing Line

    Funny shaped buildings in West Portal mark a link to San Francisco's Mexican era (SF West History Minute Apr 29, 2011)
  • World War II in San Francisco

    John Martini recounts how close the war came on Christmas Eve 1941 (SF West History Minute Nov 22, 2011)
  • Speedway Meadow

    How did Speedway Meadow get its name? Ask the people at Jimmy's Old Car Picnic. (SF West History Minute Dec 12, 2011)
  • Smaller Stucco

    In 1941, builder Ray Galli broke the Sunset District mold with his tiny single-story homes. (SF West History Minute Nov 9, 2009)
  • SF's Widest Street

    What is the widest street in the City? It's in the outside lands. (SF West History Minute Jun 1, 2009)