Become a Member
Become a Member
The Mothers Building
Once a primary stopping place for any trip to the Zoo.
SF West History Minute - Feb 26, 2010
On the Map
(click marker for larger map)
Contact us about this video.
Use this form for any comments, corrections, or thoughts you have on this particular image.
Spam Control: What color is the "donate" button at the top of the page? (the name of a fruit, 6 characters, lower case, starts with "o")
More History Minutes
We Love the Fog
Woody LaBounty waxes poetic on the west side's Summer visitor
(SF West History Minute Sep 24, 2009)
Buried treasures under the lawn at Sutro Heights Park show the location of a long lost building
(SF West History Minute Jan 31, 2013)
In 1898 the Army bivouacked thousands of soldiers on open land in the Inner Richmond District
(SF West History Minute Aug 31, 2010)
Life Saving Station
Built in 1878, a building used by the Life Saving Service was moved in 1923 from Golden Gate Park to the Richmond District.
(SF West History Minute Nov 17, 2009)
Patron Saint Against Earthquakes
The story of the Ingleside's St Emydius
(SF West History Minute May 20, 2009)
The King Philip Shipwreck
On January 25, 1878, The King Philip was one of three ships to leave San Francisco Bay, but the only one to stay in San Francisco.
(SF West History Minute Apr 19, 2011)
©2000 - 2019 Western Neighborhoods Project 1617 Balboa Street, San Francisco, CA 94121 - (415) 661-1000
The Western Neighborhoods Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-3339377) dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of western San Francisco neighborhoods.