The main interesection of old Ocean View, where once a civic fountain stood, is shown here in 1926 as plans to build Alemany Boulevard are documented. "Blue Ribbon" ice cream, Pellegrini's Bayview Bazaar, a meat market, and a couple of barber shops are in the scene.
In 2003, Sagamore is much widened and a main thoroughfare for those leaving Highway 280 headed for San Francisco State, 19th Avenue, and Lake Merced.
---Previous photo --- More on the way!
Image: "10203: 3-8-1926. Proposed Alemany Blvd. Sagamore St. West from Sickles Ave." Originally Department of Public Works? Courtesy of Greg Gaar.
Contribute your own stories about the OMI!
This project is made possible by a grant from the CALIFORNIA COUNCIL FOR THE HUMANITIES with generous support from the San Francisco Foundation, as part of the Council's statewide California Stories Initiative. The COUNCIL is an independent non-profit organization and a state affiliate of the NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE HUMANITIES. For more information on the Council and the California Stories Initiative, visit www.californiastories.org.
Page launched 26 May 2003.